We’ve had a very busy couple of weeks, with lots of fast-moving changes to the next phase of the vaccination programme.
Here are our latest stats:
- Over 23,000 vaccines given so far from 15th Dec 2020 to 6th March 2021
- Cohort 1 (care homes) : 100% of all our consenting care home residents have been vaccinated
- Cohort 2 (Over 80s): all invited, and approx. 97% vaccinated.
- Cohort 3 (Over 75s): all invited, approx 97% vaccinated.
- Cohort 4 (Over 70 and clinical extremely vulnerable): all invited, approx 89% vaccinated.
- Cohort 5 (Over 65): all invited by SMS, phone call or letter (both by your practice and via mass vacc site invitation letter), 91% vaccinated.
- Cohort 6 (16-64 with underlying conditions): all invited by SMS, phone call or letter, 77% vaccinated.
ANYONE from Cohorts 1-6 who has not yet managed to book an appointment: please call your surgery for assistance. Our top priority this week is to maximise vaccinations in all of these cohorts so please do get in touch.
Nationally, mas vacc site letter invites have been sent out for cohorts 7 (60-65) and cohort 8 (55-60). While we focus this week on vaccinating those in the clinically vulnerable cohorts, please continue to wait before contacting us. When we have appointments available we will be in touch by SMS, phone or letter. Things change quickly so look out for these updates, or check your practice website.
We know this is a stressful time for you while you wait and we are vaccinating as quickly as possible based on the deliveries we are allocated. We have exciting news on this front. We been given notice by NHS England that we can expect a significant ramping up of deliveries for the weeks of March 15, 22, and 29. We are therefore expecting to be able to offer significantly more appointments. So sit tight and it will be your turn soon!
Once again, there are lots of ‘THANK YOU’s to say.
Firstly – to you, our patients, for bearing with any changes we need to make to regular service while vaccination clinics are running. Our staff and volunteers are equally as committed to ensuring you receive the same quality of care, so your cooperation with them is greatly appreciated.
Secondly – to our amazing army of staff and volunteers. As I’ve said before, we will never be able to say ‘thank you’ enough. The cold weather has continued to add to the challenge on some very busy clinic days and you have all kept a smile on your face. So far – nearly 8,500 hours of effort by 336 people. It’s truly mind-blowing and something for us all to feel so proud of.
Thirdly – to the amazing local community businesses who are continuing to show their appreciation for all the volunteer and staff by bringing tasty treats to keep them going on cold days. This time, a special shout out to Corkers Crisps, Optimum Recycling and Wild Clover Flower Company, and many lovely individuals who have taken the time and effort to drop us a thank you note or send us a gift to share out. That appreciation and positivity really does keep everyone going, so thanks!