How we use your information to provide you with healthcare
- This practice keeps medical records confidential and complies with the General Data Protection Regulation and UK data protection legislation.
- We hold your medical record so that we can provide you with safe care and treatment.
- We will also use your information so that this practice can check and review the quality of the care we provide. This helps us to improve our services to you.
- We will share relevant information from your medical record with other health or social care staff organisations when they provide you with care. For example, your GP will share information when they refer you to a specialist in a hospital, or your GP will send details about your prescription to your chosen pharmacy.
- Healthcare staff working in A&E and out of hours care may also have access to your information. For example, it is important that staff who are treating you in an emergency know if you have any allergic reactions. information may be obtained from your Summary Care Record. For more information visit the NHS Digital website.
- You have the right to request to have any mistakes in your medical record corrected.