What is health and wellbeing coaching?
Health and wellbeing coaches work with people with physical and/or mental health conditions, people with long term conditions and those at risk of developing them. They use coaching skills to help people develop practical ways to improve their health and wellbeing.
Coaching is mostly one-to-one, but some group work is also available.
What might you talk about with a health and wellbeing coach?
The choice is yours – whatever is important to you that can improve your health and wellbeing. The sorts of things people often talk about include:
- lifestyle changes you would like to make – eg losing weight, getting more active, improving sleep
- managing a health condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure
- a specific health problem that is affecting your sense of wellbeing
- how you are balancing competing demands of life, managing stress and developing positive coping strategies.
Coaching session format:
- We will have up to 45 minutes to talk.
- Together, we will agree how many sessions we have and when they are held. It is usually between 6-8 sessions.
- We coach on the telephone or virtually, via a video platform or, when circumstances allow, in person.
Here are support groups that are available locally: