Repeat prescriptions can be ordered by completing the right-hand section of your previous prescription form and either leaving it at the surgery or sending it to us by post. You can also order repeat prescriptions online.
Your prescription will be ready for collection 5 working days later.
We are keen to ensure that patients with ongoing medical problems are monitored regularly. If the date for your next review with a doctor or nurse has passed you will be asked to make an appointment.
You need to register to use our online repeat prescription ordering service and this is best done in person at the surgery. Please speak to one of our receptionists.
Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD)
If you get regular or repeat prescriptions, you could save time by switching to Electronic Repeat Dispensing. eRD sends your prescriptions electronically from your GP surgery to a pharmacy of your choice. It’s easy to use and you don’t need a computer or electronic device. Ask your GP or pharmacist to set it up for you.
eRD allows your GP to prescribe your regular medicines for up to a year. It’s reliable, secure and confidential. Your regular prescriptions are stored securely on the NHS database, so they’ll be ready at the pharmacy each time you need them.
Using eRD you can:
- save time by avoiding unnecessary trips or calls to your GP every time you need to order a repeat prescription
- order or cancel your repeat prescriptions online (if your GP practice offers this service
- pick up your repeat prescriptions directly from your pharmacy without having to visit your GP
- spend less time waiting for your prescription in the pharmacy or GP practice
- save paper – you won’t need a paper prescription to collect your medicine from the pharmacy
For more information about eRD and how it works, ask at your GP surgery or pharmacy or visit the NHS website here.